Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) to all! And to all a chocolatey night! Those are the best kinds of nights aren’t they? Here’s the wrap-up for this year to keep track of this year’s round of yummies!
- [New!] maple bacon milk chocolate truffles
- Free dipped truffles with a creamy maple bacon center and sprinkled with bacon and salt
- The centers would be for molds, but I kinda like the salty bacony topping on the free-dipped truffles
- [New!] cinna-bun white chocolate truffles
- A slightly crunchy cinnamon cookie and cream cheese center makes for a wonderful bite of a cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing! Doused in a neat little package of white chocolate
- This recipe can be applied to pretty much any flavor of oreo, and there are a multitude! Cookies and creme for regular oreos, or mint, or even birthday cake or peanut butter!
- orange truffles;
- I had some struggles with this recipe this year. I tried to double the recipe and when that didn’t work out, I ended up needed to start over from scratch, so let you learn from my mistakes–don’t try to double the recipe~!
- Since the centers are much more pliable than many others, they definitely lend themselves to molds for next year!
- raspberry chambord truffles;
- While still delicious, they came out a little softer than usual this year. So they melt in your mouth, but if left out at room temperature for a couple hours, then tend to wilt a little
- Can’t beat that flavor though~
- caramel truffles;
- The ones that started it all. This year I had trouble cleaning my molds to prevent blooming and white spots. The key: wash your molds with a mixture 2pt white vinegar + 1pt dish soap, using a toothbrush to lightly scrub, and then dry immediately
In the Vault:
Ideas for Next Year:
- banana split
- baileys/kahlua/egg nog
- peanut butter
- peppermint patties
- red wine
- cookies & creme
- key lime
- strawberry cheesecake
- apple pie